top of page

Student Visas

Applicants from within the EU do not require a visa to study in Sweden.


Citizens of non-EU member nations will require a Residence permit for Other Studies. Contact the nearest Swedish Embassy or Consulate for information. A listing of Swedish embassies and consulates can be found on the website

For more information on residence permit, please visit

If you are accepted on the 3-year program and come from a country outside EU, you will need to apply for a Residence permit for Other studies. It is important to know that the Residence Permit for Other Studies is only valid for one year at a time, so students will need to extend their permit  for each academic year. 

Visa application form

Make sure to send in the residence permit application to The Swedish Migration Agency in good time before the start of the term (usually 4 months prior to term starting). For the extension of residence permit, allow minimum of 6 months processing time. Make sure that you have an insurance that covers dental care, transport to your homecountry if necessary etc.

bottom of page